is a simple and accessible practice for any woman to do at home. It involves placing a pot of hot water and aromatic herbs under a seat with a hole in it, disrobing from the waist down, and sitting over the steam for about 30 minutes while the steam gently permeates the skin.
How long does a steam take?
The average steam session lasts between 20 and 60 minutes. Depending on how hot the water is, the steam may cool sooner.
What Do I Need?
Finding a suitable and inexpensive seat can be an arduous task, here are a few options until we can find a suitable vendor to make our own. The first option is a commode seat which can house a pot underneath you to keep the steam going for quite some time without burning you.
Another option if you have space, you can thrift and find an old portable potty and purchase a new insert. You would be able to pour the boiling water inside the new insert and drop a bag of herbs in. You will be able to have a comfortable place to sit for the 35-40 min.
Lastly this sitz bath bucket will fit snuggly in your toilet but extra care must be taken not to burn yourself with the boiling water.
Other Supplies Needed:
Saucepan dedicated to steam
How Do I Trap the Steam?
With the use of blankets and towels. Makes sure to wear warm fuzzy socks. You will wrap your self for the entire steam from the waist down.
Becoming One With your Yoni!
The tissues of the vagina are very absorbent and when the warmth of the steam hits the vaginal region it opens up. Medicinal herbs are carried through the steam to the skin and enter through the vagina. The steam is absorbed into the uterus, the vaginal microbiota, and the blood stream promoting different medicinal benefits depending on the herbal remedy.
You are not alone…
Dysmenorrhea, or painful periods, affect approximately 85% of the female population. Yoni Steams work specifically to revive the uterus and resolve discomfort often associated with menstruation. Dysmenorrhea is never “the luck of the draw” and often has to do with an underlying infection in the tissue of the uterus. Bacterial vaginosis is one of the most common conditions that affect the reproductive organs which is caused by an interruption of homeostasis in the vaginal microbiome. There are many herbs which are used in the yoni steam for different pathologies.
Taking care of your Yoni has many medicinal and spiritual benefits. Remember you come first!
Herbal wellness steams are not only beneficial for the reproductive system but for digestion as well. When the steam enters through the vaginal region it promotes circulation to the whole pelvic region. Yoni steams can help to stimulate digestion, treat hemorrhoids, and help with constipation. Mugwort is the most common used herb to treat the digestive tract. Mugwort aids in digestive functions, supports the stomach, and eases indigestion.
Benefits of Yoni Steam
- reducing menstrual symptoms, such as bloating, cramps, exhaustion, and heavy bleeding.
- boosting fertility.
- promoting healing after childbirth.
- reducing stress.
- treating hemorrhoids.
- increasing energy and reducing fatigue.
- treating headaches
- Detoxify the womb and remove toxins from the body.
- Release stored emotions and tap into the energy that is our creative potential
- Regulate irregular or absent menstrual cycle
- Regulate irregular or absent menstrual cycle
- Detoxify the womb and remove toxins from the body
Here are some of the benefits of the herbs used in this blend:
- Mugwort is also used to stimulate gastric juice and bile secretion. It is also used as a liver tonic; to promote circulation; and as a sedative. n addition to fighting infection through its antibiotic and anti-fungal properties, mugwort balances female hormones and stimulates the production of hormones that help to maintain uterine health as well as protect the uterus from things such as ulcers and tumors. Mugwort steam opens the pores, allowing the beneficial herbs to penetrate into the blood stream. In addition, mugwort helps to stimulate menstrual discharge and ease cramping.
- Basil – is an anti-inflammatory, fights free radical activity, has numerous skin benefits, fights depression regulates diabetes management, supports Liver function and helps detoxify the body & may reduce painful menstruation. Helps to bring on menstruation earlier.
- Lavender – Could Help Treat Skin Blemishes. …May Offer a Natural Remedy for Pain. …Reduce Blood Pressure and Heart Rate. …Could Relieve Asthma Symptoms. …Lessens Menopausal Hot Flashes. …Help Combat Fungus Growth.
- Oregano – Used to bring on menses. Increases scanty flow. This herb is used for its antiseptic, stimulating and strengthening qualities. Oregano is a wonderful herb for aiding in prevention of infection.
- Rosemary – An aromatic and antimicrobial herb, rosemary treats bacterial infection, speeds wound healing, inhibits yeast growth, and stimulates menstruation.
The herbs in these single packs are not only good for all of the above but are handpicked and certified organic and Fair Market Trade. Each pack has been pre-measured to give you enough for each steam, no need to worry if you put too much or too little.
Use of Yoni steam is NOT recommended for the following:
- While on menstration, you can however steam the day after the last day of your period to help move out any remaining blood. Steaming in the week leading up to your period can help with cramps and other menstrual complaints.
- If you currently have an IUD in place
- If you have an active infection
- With use of essential oils ( they are too harsh for the vaginal tissue
- If you have been diagnosed or have any stage of cancer
Coming Soon: Yoni Gowns & Stools