Winter Skin Can Glow just Like you Left Miami, Let Me Tell You the Secret!
First & Foremost I apologize for not updating this blog as frequent as I should, I promise to show you beauties the same attention as I do the surgery beauties...
On to the good stuff!
How many here are suffering with dry skin (drop an emoji in the comments) this winter?
Below I'm going to drop the top 5 things you should be doing to keep your summer glow in the winter:
- Drink plenty of water! Water keeps the skin hydrated & supple.
- Exfoliate Weekly. Find a fine grain exfoliator that is shea based and contains extracts.
- TONE! TONE! TONE! I can NOT stress enough how important using a #toner is. Especially after a gentle to mild exfoliation. A toners job is to close your pores and remove what your wash or exfoliation has brought to the surface. It removes blackheads/whiteheads and detoxifies and cleanses the pores with the special additives.
- Protect your skin with a Mango or Kokum butter based face moisturizer like this one. Both butters are very light and airy but acts as a barrier to help protect the skin against harsh weather conditions. Not to mention makes for a good primer before applying makeup.
- Facials once a month are mandatory! Not only is it part of self love but you need someone whose specialty is skincare to help you do the things you can't do at home ie. #microdermabrasion, #chemical peels, #facesteaming, #massage you get the drift.
Trust me I'm sure you can't remember the last time you got a facial and massage and just treated yourself. Given the current circumstance, everyone is sleepy of anyone getting close to them.
If you follow the above 5 steps I promise you that your skin will glow year round. Stay tuned for some DIY recipes to help maintain that year round glow.
Until next time beauties...xoxo