Do you remember the nights that you sat up and scrolled Instagram until you felt you found the perfect surgeon?
The anxiety & anxiousness that built up to the day of surgery seems all worth it until you are about 1-3 days post-op, you find yourself asking "What in the HELL did I just do to my self?"
You see swelling following any trauma to the body such as surgery; depends on a few factors before and after you get on & off the surgeons table.
Follow these tips to ensure that you decrease the amount of inflammation, swelling & bruising you have after cosmetic surgery.
- Reduce your sodium intake.
- Dry Brush weekly up until the date of surgery.
- Exfoliate problem areas where you will be getting SX, ie. Buttocks, thighs, arms, flanks to create collagen and promote circulation.
- Consume a good probiotic
- REST, REST, REST! The first few weeks be kind to your body and down when you feel the need. The body can only heal when resting.
- Cold compress. Don't be afraid to use ice packs on any area that is severely inflamed. Make sure if placing over open incisions to cover the area properly.
- Compression is KEY. Whether you are team faja or NO faja you still must find a way to COMFORTABLY compress.
- Keep your legs elevated & wear your compression stockings.
- Walk every hour the first month daily. NO EXCUSES!!!
- Continue your supplements or pick a good cellular healing multivitamin like this one.
So beauties where are our VETS? Drop some suggestions in the comments to help other SX beauties during this journey!